Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Day 3, part 2: Pam Tillis Dinner Party and wrapup

The final event of this Senior Trip was Pam Tillis' Christmas dinner party. Lots of good food served family style, and a Christmas production show by Pam and her band (kudos to one of the many singer/songwriters I support in the Nashville community, Mary Sue Englund, who did a great job on guitar, fiddle and vocals in Pam's band). Pam did many Christmas songs with fresh, contemporary arrangements, a few of her past hits and some songs from her latest CD.

Mark and LordSong took the stage for the final 20 minutes after Pam left to sing us (and other attendees of the show besides Senior Trip folks) home.

As often happens, just as quickly as it began, it was over.

In the end, it's about faith, music and friendship, a great mix for the soul. As one of my friends told me this evening, there's just something about kindred spirits in Christian love. Teresa, Kylene, and Ann, you ministered to me more than I can tell you.

*****

I want to thank Penny at marklowry.com for her help in bringing this and my other Senior Trip blogs to you via Mark's website. It's been a great ride. I hope those of you planning to attend the Spring Fling in April at Gaylord Opryland have a great time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for letting everyone know about the days events Wendy! IM on a tight budget or I would have went. I was thrilled to be able to read how the trip went. Thanks for all the work you put into this.

Wendy V said...

Thanks, dn! I do understand the budget crunch...unfortunately, that will be a factor for me next spring.

Anonymous said...

Hey Wendy,

Thanks for getting back to my message on MySpace. I felt so sad for ya'll when day 3 came to an end. All good things can't last forever though can they? You did an awesome job at writing this blog. Kinda made it feel like I was there with ya'll.

Speak to you soon!
God Bless,
Luv Ya!
Andrea

teresa said...

I relive the senior trip every time I read this blog. I was worse at Name That Tune than even I could imagine. I knew all of the songs except the ones given to me. At least I got one right. I still can't believe I missed Does Jesus Care. I had just sung that at church and its one of my favorite songs. I think my brain developed a black hole and sucked all my musical knowledge out. I know ever word of all Mark's songs but I never did bother looking at what the titles were. Oh well. I had a ball. Thanks for the blog. Its perfect as usual. Teresa